Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday Surprises

Once Zoe decided this morning that she was going to attend Devin & Dana's wedding with me, she was determined to get all "fancied up". Not only did I have to put her hair up & curl it, but she insisted on wearing the little crown comb that she wore when she was the flower girl in a wedding earlier this summer. It didn't end there though, she had to have lipstick, glitter gloss, etc. Needless to say, she looked very cute. Of course, I took some pictures. See what you think....

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Dana & Devin are such a cute couple. Everything turned out perfect just like Dana was hoping. I must tell you that I have never heard such a wonderful voice sing at a wedding. The soloist, who I did not know, was amazing. In fact, I have got to find out from Dana about her. She sang two of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, "Feels Like Home" by Linda Ronstadt and "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. I would definitely recommend both songs for a wedding. (Janelle, take note for when you get married!) FYI: I have loaded "Feels Like Home" on this website. Just scroll down to my Playlist, click on it, & enjoy!

After the wedding Zoe & I decided to surprise Brandy, our neighbor girl, who was home from college & working at a local restaurant/bar. She was very surprised to see us & Zoe was thrilled to see her. We talk to "Sissy" (that's what Zoe calls her) about 2 or 3 times a day, but it's just not the same as seeing her every day. We're thrilled she loves college & we hope to get up there one of these days to visit her.

Zoe got a surprise herself today. Her friend Kaidyn from pre-school called to see if Zoe could come to her house to play for a few hours &/or even spend the night. Well, Zoe was excited about the playing together, but she wanted no part of spending the night. No big deal. When I dropped Zoe off at Kaidyn's the two girls were playing house within a matter of seconds. I picked Zoe up about 3 hours later. She had a blast playing house, pageant, bathtime, etc.

When I was taking pictures yesterday of Zoe she had me take some of her & Maggie so here they are:

This cracks me up! I love how Zoe is being pulled off of her feet!

Oh, I want to share with you what I saw Friday on the Catholic Church marquee.............

God grades on the cross. Not on a curve.

You know, I've been going by this church's marquee for 9 years now. I have never once noticed how clever it is. I wonder if I've just not paid attention & haven't noticed or if there is someone new putting the message on the marquee. Huh......

No comments: