Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm getting too old for this!!!

Well, last night a group of us went to see the Boss himself. The concert was supposed to start at 7:30 PM but actually started about 8:45 PM. Once he started playing, he didn't stop. The show, which ended up about 12:15 AM, was pretty good. I wish he would have played more of his own songs, but hey....it's his show. Since we had a suite which featured a fridge, ice maker, & our own bathroom it made the show even that much better. None of us had to leave the suite to get something to eat, drink, etc. A suite is the way to go. Glad that I have a contact now to reserve one for concerts, sporting events, etc. It's like the best kept secret!!

After leaving the concert we all headed to a local bar. I was the DD so I was wide awake from all of the Pepsi & Mt. Dew that I had taken in all night. We played some music on the jukebox, played pool, danced, sang, & visited with each other. Before we knew it, the clock said 3 AM which meant it was time to go home. Overall, the night was a good time. It was fun being together as a group & enjoying each other's company with good music in the background. However, getting to bed at 4 AM! This is the second weekend in a row that I have been out late. I'm too old for this. I can't handle it like I used to during college!

When I arrived to pick Zoe up at my parents' house this morning she was busy playing with two of her cousins, Bethanie & Megan. She had a great time at her Nana & Paw Paw's. She is so lucky to have grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins that love her & shower her with attention.

Not too much else happened today, just the usual - laundry, picking up, dishes, etc. The everyday household chores! Paul did mention something about getting a cleaning lady since I'm back to school. I'm not sure if he meant it or was just saying it out loud unsure of himself. Either way, I am all for it. So, I will just let the idea ride out for a few days & then bring it up again later in the week. What do ya think? Will he say he meant it or not?

No comments: