Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parties - Parties - Parties

What a crazy weekend! Fun, but crazy! Friday night we hosted a Parrot Head pool party that we had donated at a silent auction fundraiser. 6 couples bought it for over $500. We had a great time listening to Jimmy Buffet music & eating cheeseburgers, french fried potatoes, & several variates of shrimp! Needless to say, not one person got in the swimming pool. It was a little cold so I can't really blame them.

Yesterday Paul had a funeral so Zoe & I just hung around the house. Janelle, our college neighbor girl, hosted a surprised 25th wedding anniversary last night for her parents, Mark & Lisa, at the golf course. Paul & I were part of the planning committee, not only for the party, but also for getting the couple to the party. Everything turned out just as planned & everyone had a blast. I'm not really sure if Lisa & Mark were surprised, but the party was a lot of fun. Great job, Janelle! And what wonderful parents you have!

Throughout the party, Janelle kept announcing that the party was going to continue at our house after the golf course closed. Well, sure enough, everything closed down about 1 AM & about 25 people continued the celebration in our backyard. Zoe had stayed home with two neighbor girls, Abbie & Madalyn. Was I surprised when I walked in the door & Zoe was still wide awake! She ended up coming outside with everyone & entertained a few friends! Overall, everyone was very well behaved & none of the neighbors called the police. So all was well. The last couple left around 2:30. By the time Paul & I picked things up & got Zoe in bed, it was around 3 AM or so.

This morning Janelle called around 9 AM & invited Paul, Zoe, & I over for breakfast which Lisa had made. It was delicious! Even though I was extremely tired, I still managed to make a "happy plate" (as Zoe calls it!).

Today is my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday, Dad! Hope you have a great day! We love you!

No comments: