Friday, October 10, 2008

Misc. of Sorts

State Champions - My nephew Blake played for the jr. high baseball state championship today. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the game, but I raced home after school, picked Zoe up from daycare, & headed that way. Luckily, the 3rd place game before him went into extra innings so by the time we got there (an hour after the championship game was supposed to start) Blake's team was just taking batting practice. His team ended up short-gaming the other team 14-0. We are so proud of Blake. He's just a fifth grader so he's got three more years to win another championship. Here's a few highlights of the win:

Blake at second base after getting a hit.

Waiting to catch the ball in right field.

Zoe & Jessie - (Her dad is Blake's coach.)

Need I say more?!

Zoe & her state champion! - Isn't he a cutie?!

Hooters Uniform - Several of you have asked if I have had any luck finding the orange Hooters shorts that Zoe wants so she can be a Hooters girl for trick-or-treat. You will be thrilled to know that I have found a pair of 2XS on the Internet. Just have to cross my fingers & hope that I am the highest bidder. (I know none of you are going to bid on them because you all can't wait to see Zoe sporting her costume for Halloween!!! Believe me, I WILL post pictures!)

O.G.T. - One Good Thing - I'm reading the book Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright. In the book the main character talks about when growing up his dad regularly said that there was always One Good Thing about even the very worst of days. I thought that was pretty clever. So, I've decided that perhaps I will start letting you know what my O.G.T. is for each day........So, for today, my O.G.T. was seeing my niece Gracie. She is growing so big so fast - 9 months old already. Seems like yesterday my sister Heather received "the call" saying a baby was to be hers. When I look in Gracie's beautiful big brown eyes, I see so much love. She has truly been a blessing in our family. (I'll save that story for another time!) See what you think of Gracie for yourself:


Okay, I've told you what my O.G.T. for today was. How about sharing with me what your O.G.T. was.

2 comments:

Jason Wright said...

My OGT was finding your blog and seeing this sweet post. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great post! What cute pics and congrat (belated!!) to your nephew! I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php