Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gracie's Big Day!

Monday morning Zoe, Hannah, & I set out to witness the final court hearing in my niece Gracalyn's (Gracie) adoption. Not only did everything go as planned, but little Miss Gracie looked so sweet in her pale yellow dress & bow to match. It was a dream come true for my sister Heather & her husband Marvin.

Heather, The Judge, Megan (Marvin's daughter) Gracie, & Marvin

The older cousins (minus Zack who was at school) line up for a picture!

That evening we had a family dinner to celebrate Gracie's adoption. Everyone enjoyed visiting with each other & watching Heather open a few gifts. Of course, Zoe loved being around Gracie & always wanted to hold her.

Zoe carrying Gracie. (Made for 2 very nervous moms!)

My One Good Thing (OGT) for the day was spending time with my nieces & nephews. They are so much fun. They are at the age when they think I'm still kind of cool. Since I was in town all day, I took my nephews Blake & Zack and Zack's girlfriend Kaylyn out to lunch. Then once school was out, my niece Courtney joined all of us as we ventured out to the apple orchard for a few much needed items! The kids decided that I just need to quit my job & chauffeur all of them around each day. At the dinner that evening they informed Uncle Paul with their decision. His reply - "If you're willing to pay her what she makes teaching I would agree with that!" So, it looks like I won't be quitting my job any time soon!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations to Heather and Marvin and Gracie, Heather! What a wonderful thing for EVERYONE!

day by day said...

What a special day...congratulation to Gracie and her family!!!!