Monday, December 15, 2008

Long Overdue

Things have been so crazy around here. Every time I sit down to update this blog, I get sidetracked & end up throwing the whole idea out the door. Perhaps, I can get 'er done now!

Saturday night Paul & I had a date night. It had been about 6 months since just the two of us did something by ourselves. We ended up Christmas shopping, going out to eat, & seeing a movie. It was a lot of fun.

Today Zoe & I are enjoying our first snow day off of school for the year! Not that we got any amount of snow worth bragging about. However, we do have ICE. It started raining last night about 10 PM & the temperature dropped very quickly. Several hours later we were met with freezing rain & a little bit of snow. When I took Maggie out this morning, it was still sleeting & very cold. So, Zoe & I are staying inside. She's loving being in her pj's & watching her shows while laying in the recliner!!!! (my kind of girl!!!!)

I've finally completed our Christmas cards - all 320 of them! (Yes, you read that right - 320.) I love Christmas & making my own cards is one of my most favorite things to do. I love receiving Christmas cards too. Sometimes it's the only time of the year we hear from certain friends. I treasure those friendships just as I do the friends I see each & every day. So, catching up is fun to do.

By the way, only 4 more days until my Christmas break begins! Yahoo! With a snow day today, I can just imagine how out of control my students are going to be tomorrow - let alone the rest of the week!!!!

PS - Check back later this evening. I plan on posting about something very dear to our hearts!

1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

Merriest Christmas and Happiest Snow Day to you and yours!

320 handmade cards???? Girl, you win the award for most creative/dedicated Christmas card mailer this year! woot!

:) enjoy your day with your little sweet pea!